Discover a unique and holistic approach to supporting the different systems in your body — and healing a variety of symptoms, from colds to chronic conditions.
Find the herb “actions” you need to safely and effectively support the health and healing of yourself and your family (and clients, too).
Are you using herbs to treat yourself and your family... maybe your clients?
Utilizing herbs, plants, and flowers to aid digestion, support your immune system, or help balance hormones?
If so, you’ve likely discovered, there is SO much to learn about the ancient practice of herbalism...
Crafting herbal medicines can be one of the most empowering and effective ways to take your health into your own hands — and support the health of those you love.
Now you can access the art and science of creating your own effective herbal remedies, or “herbal formulary.” This exciting approach involves combining herbs, plants, roots, barks, seeds, and flowers into formulas — as well as integrating the anatomy and physiology of every major body system.
By learning a few key concepts of herbal formulary, you can craft simple, effective plant remedies for a variety of symptoms and illnesses.
In The Herbal Healer, you’ll be guided, step-by-step, in herbal formulary best practices, as well as renowned herbalist, speaker, and author, Holly Bellebuono’s 4-Tier Formula — a welcoming approach, utilizing hundreds of medicinal herbs to create simple and effective remedies with confidence and ease. She’ll also teach you about “overlap” herbs that can treat multiple systems and symptoms.
Holly’s unique teaching addresses each of the systems in your body as an integrated whole. One of the first steps is to assess the primary body system being affected — respiratory, digestive, neurological, endocrine, cardiovascular, or musculoskeletal, for example — and the related systems that might also need your attention.
Next, she’ll guide you in evaluating what herb “action” you need for treating your symptoms...
Do you need an analgesic for pain? A decongestant to relieve nasal or respiratory congestion? A stimulant to increase circulation? An emollient for raw or dry skin?
Once you learn the categories of herbs and their actions, you’ll be empowered to easily and safely draw from hundreds of medicinal plants to treat yourself, your family, and your clients. You’ll quickly identify your go-to herbs — many of which might already be in your kitchen or garden pharmacy!
You’ll discover how to craft remedies to support a healthy digestive system, a fully functioning cardiovascular system, a calm and resilient neurological system, and a strong immune system for adults and children.
You’ll also discover the best remedies for supporting sleep, calming the nerves, and managing stress — and the top herbs to optimize your remedies to support your health long term.
Finally, Holly will show you how to integrate herbs into your diet, daily routine, and professional practice using a variety of teas, tonics, milks, salves, and more.
Learn From an Expert Who Makes Herbalism Easy & Fun
Herbalist, speaker, and author Holly Bellebuono’s simple approach to crafting herbal remedies enables you to practice herbalism easily, safely, and creatively.
In this 7-part program, you’ll explore medicinal and edible herbs in a welcoming way that will help you develop confidence in the practicality and reliability of the plants you’re using.
With Holly’s guidance, you’ll learn about herbs’ actions in ways that make them seem like new friends — and makes remembering their properties effortless.
Using herbs in your daily life will become second nature and your confidence as a healer and herbal practitioner will grow.
Holly is a gifted teacher, renowned for taking complex theories and information and making it accessible and straightforward. She’s spent 23 years teaching the intricacies of herbal medicine and the health benefits of healing plants.
And she’s studied herbal medicine from many perspectives — through gardening, mothering, pharmacology, anatomy, and physiology. The daughter of a registered nurse and a pharmacist, she combines the spiritual and intuitive “heart” with science and chemistry to teach a wholistic form of herbal medicine.
Go Beyond the Basics & Deepen Your Connection to Plant Medicine
With Holly, you’ll go beyond learning individual herbal properties to a deeper understanding of tonics, corollary herbs, and carriers. She’ll guide you past the basics of herbal medicine and into the deeper aspects of herbal philosophy, helping you master the concepts behind creating effective tinctures, syrups, teas, and more.
You’ll understand your role in healing on a deeper level and feel inspired to use your new skills to support others in their healing journeys.
During this self-empowering 7-part program, you’ll discover:The 4 parts of an effective formula Step-by-step guidelines for choosing herbs based on symptoms How to categorize herbs based on their actions or properties Keys to quickly incorporating herbs in the right place in a formula “Tonic” herbs and how they support, nourish, and sustain the mind and body How to choose a “specific” — the centerpiece of your formula Effective ways to use flowers, leaves, seeds, and roots in your herbal formulas How to improve acute and chronic illnesses using a simple “best practice” Tips for incorporating turmeric and nettles into your diet — and why you should How aromatic herbs such as hyssop, mint, and yarrow can support the lungs Why carminative herbs are often placed in the 4-Tier Formula — for any issue The therapeutic uses of bitters Simple ways to boost your energy and reduce stress Key herbs to address grief, loss, sadness, and heartache New insights into herbal support for Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s Diseases And much more...
The Herbal Healer is for anyone interested in using medicinal herbs to aid in healing and sustaining health.
If you’re a beginner, you’ll benefit from Holly’s basic introductions to herbal terminology, concepts, and applications. If you’re a “sophisticated beginner,” a healing arts practitioner or health professional, you’ll discover practical methods to apply in your practice and gain confidence in using herbal medicine to complement your work.
In each module you’ll gain new perspectives on healing and be inspired to apply your new knowledge with confidence, easily integrating herbal medicine into your life for a healthier, happier Self, family, and community.
Plant remedies can be a natural part of every healing practice, and remedy-making can be both practical and intuitive.
By developing your healing intuition and formulary skill set with Holly, you’ll deepen your connection to plant medicine and find that incorporating herbal remedies into your everyday routine can be easy and rewarding — and can also help you to cultivate a greater sense of wholeness, along with a healthier you.
What You’ll Discover in These 7 Modules
In this life-enhancing 7-part program, Holly will guide you through the fundamental skills and competencies you’ll need to successfully further your understanding of herbs in their complexity and begin to build effective herbal formulas.
Each training session will build harmoniously upon the previous ones so you’ll develop a complete holistic understanding of the practices, tools, and principles you’ll need to sustain your practice with herbal formulas.
Module 1: Learn the 4-Tier Formula (March 6)
Herbal remedies offer us natural medicines for helping to mediate symptoms or heal acute or chronic illness. Yet, there are hundreds of herbs to choose from, so how do you know which are the right ones? How do you know which are the best, most effective herbs to use, or if you’re using too many, or too few?
In this first module, you’ll learn Holly’s 4-Tier Formula — the foundation on which hundreds of her students have built their understanding of herbal medicine. You’ll receive step-by-step instructions on the qualities and actions of herbs, making choosing herbs for a particular illness or symptom easy and rewarding.
- How to take your health into your own hands using safe herbs and practical methods
- The value of using the 4-Tier Formulary and how it can make creating herbal remedies simple and fun
- What herbal “actions” are and how knowing them makes formula crafting quick and easy
- What an “overlap” herb is and how to get the most out of it
- Practical ways to approach creating an herbal remedy for a friend, family member or client
- The top herbs that will help you optimize your remedies — you’ll use these again and again
- The 4 parts of an effective formula
- Step-by-step guidelines for choosing herbs based on symptoms
- Keys to quickly incorporating herbs in the right place in a formula
- “Tonic” herbs and how they support, nourish, and sustain the mind and body
- How to choose a “specific” — the centerpiece of your formula
- How bitters and digestive herbs can be used in remedies for a wide variety of illnesses
- When to use a “vehicle” herb and why this can make your remedies stronger
Module 2: Healing the Respiratory System With Medicinal Herbs & Foods (March 13)
Herbal medicine offers us a pharmacopoeia of natural remedies for treating illnesses of the respiratory system — with many herbs suited to supporting our sinuses, ears, throat, and lungs, alleviating painful conditions, and bringing the body back into balance.
In this module, you’ll discover the best herbs and medicinal foods for your home pharmacy — or if you’re a healing arts practitioner, how to stock a medicine cabinet for immune support, coughs, asthma, emphysema, COPD, and the flu.
- The difference between upper and lower respiratory illnesses and symptoms, and how to identify them
- Key herbs to support the ear, nose, and throat to provide comfort and healing
- How to apply the 4-Tier Formula for sinus congestion, ear infections, runny nose, and colds
- Immune-supporting herbs and how to include astringents and antimicrobial herbs in a formula
- How to choose herbs for wet coughs and dry coughs
- How medicinal herbs and foods can affect proper breathing
- The best expectorant herbs to fight phlegm
- The best antitussive herbs to ease spastic, hacking coughs
- How digestion and the lymph system are important to consider when working with the respiratory system
- Creative methods for supporting clear breathing using aromatic herbs, flowers, and seeds
Module 3: Supporting the Digestive System With Herbs & the 4-Tier Formula (March 20)
Our digestive tract may be the most important system in our body. In addition to supporting our gut microbiome with probiotics, prebiotics, and proper nutrition, we can use herbs to maintain a strong digestive “fire” and to relieve common symptoms and issues as they arise. Medicinal herbs are widely used to ease common symptoms such as gas, bloating, diarrhea, and constipation.
In this module, you’ll learn more about herbs’ actions, such as carminative and bitter, and how to apply these actions to a well-rounded formula. You’ll also learn how to create a 4-Tier Formula using herbs that can nourish your vitality, strengthen your resistance to disease, ease unpleasant symptoms — such as gas and bloating — and lift your mood.
- Safe herbs to use consistently to support your digestion for life
- The best practices for everyday herbs and foods for a healthy gut
- How to achieve liver health without “detoxing”
- Herbs to reduce gas, bloating, diarrhea, and constipation
- Ways to include digestive herbs in the 4-Tier Formula
- Which herbs are hepatic, and how to use them to feel better and strengthen the gut
- How to use “overlap” herbs to accomplish both digestive and nervous system health
- Soothing herbs for gastric ulcers and ulcerative colitis
- Why poor digestion can lead to headaches, poor posture, and even hormonal issues and skin issues such as acne
- How to support liver health and address liver diseases such as cirrhosis
- How to make and use liver “tonics”
- How to use mints and other carminative herbs for gas-free digestion
- When to use antispasmodic and aromatic herbs — and the advantages of both
- The value of turmeric in a wide range of digestive issues, from Irritable Bowel Syndrome to Crohn’s Disease
- Why there’s no “magic bullet” to common digestive issues
- Creative ways to include digestive herbs in everyday meals
Module 4: Supporting the Cardiovascular System With the 4-Tier Formula (March 27)
Heart health can wane in our fast-paced, tech-centered society. Many people develop high blood pressure or discover that their genetics place them at risk for heart attack or stroke. Obesity causes vascular problems, and poor eating habits can break down blood vessel walls and cause plaque buildup.
In this module, you’ll learn how herbs have been used for hundreds of years to ease the burden on our hearts. You’ll discover how modern research supports the use of specific herbs to lower blood pressure and relieve blood vessels of dangerous plaques.
You’ll also gain insight into the heart as our center for love, grief, and anxiety, and how herbs can address depression and anxiety.
- How to take charge of your own heart health using safe, reliable herbs
- The difference between a cardiotonic and a cardioactive
- Practical suggestions for using healthy heart herbs every day
- What a vasodilator herb is and how it can help middle-aged men
- Herbal remedies that can help prevent heart attack, angina, and stroke
- The best herbs for sustaining a healthy vascular system
- Healing foods that can help you avoid atherosclerosis and arteriosclerosis
- Common foods that are tonics in the 4-Tier Formula
- How to achieve a happy heart through nutrition
- Key herbs to address grief, loss, sadness, and heartache
- Create a 4-Tier Formula that enriches heart health
- Herbs to stimulate blood flow to the brain and increase mental clarity
- How to create a remedy that warms cold hands and cold feet
- Support for hypertension using safe, common plant medicines
Module 5: Support the Nervous System With Herbs
The nervous system is a complex matrix of nerves influenced by stress, genetics, diet, toxins, and habits that can damage the brain.
In this module, you’ll learn about the interaction of herbs and the brain — with an emphasis on supportive and preventive remedies to keep it healthy. You’ll discover the most recent research on herbs that support mental clarity and how to use them in food and herbal formulas. And you’ll discover the best practices for safely supporting nerve cells, which can promote better sleep, enhance cognition, provide better muscle control, and support a more centered Self.
- Therapeutic benefits of nervous system tonics
- Common kitchen herbs to include in your breakfast everyday for mental clarity
- Botanicals for the brain and central nervous system
- How to create a 4-Tier Formula for both acute and chronic anxiety
- The best practices for retaining memory and supporting brain health
- Herbs that heal and support neurons
- What the myelin sheath does for a nerve cell, and the herbs to support it
- The latest research into herbal support for Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s Diseases
- Ways to create a remedy to support those with ADD/ADHD
- The best anti-stress herbs for insomnia
- How to use aromatic herbs for memory and mental clarity
- How to choose a “vehicle” herb for the brain and use it in your formulas
Module 6: Herbs for Supporting Your Skin & Skeletal System (April 10)
Beyond increasing calcium, there are nutrient-packed herbs that can help nourish your bones, hair, teeth, nails, and muscles. In this module, you’ll learn the value of emollients on the skin, and how vulneraries can repair damaged tissue. You’ll also learn how to build stronger bones and promote healthier skin from within.
- Herbs, plants, and foods for a strong bone structure and clear skin
- How to make tonic herbs part of your breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- How to increase the health of your hair, skin, and nails
- Key ways to nourish your skin from within
- How to support your skin by nourishing the adrenal glands
- When to address inflammation — the body’s natural response to stress
- The best Tier 3 Corollary herbs for effective skin formulas
- Why digestive herbs are essential to healthy skin
- When and how to use emollient herbs to soothe dry skin
- Herbs and foods to address eczema and psoriasis
- Which herbs are “Specifics” in skin support
- Ways to confidently use herbal medicine for the young and old
- How to experiment with safe herbs by making rinses and compresses
Module 7: Forging Ahead
Crafting Herbal Remedies With Confidence & Awareness (April 17)
In this final module, you’ll prepare to embark on one of the most rewarding journeys of your life: taking healing into your own hands or — if you work with others — integrating herbs into your practice.
You’ll enrich your understanding of herbs by connecting with three to five plants that resonate with you, experimenting safely with Holly’s guidance. You’ll deepen your insights into what it means to heal, learning about disease and wholeness. And you’ll finish the course feeling equipped to address a wide range of illnesses and symptoms using a new system of formula-making that is simple, safe, and effective.
- How to apply Holly’s 3 Priorities for Care to enhance the way you approach healing
- Experiment with safe herbs from Holly’s Creativity List
- Connect with 3 to 5 herbs and use them weekly for stronger health
- How to use a diversity of liquids in your formulas to add versatility to your work
- Expand your comfort zone working with leaves, seeds, flowers, and roots
- Optimize your daily herbal practice to increase your mental and physical fortitude
- Nourish your Self while you support friends, family, and community
- Increase your energy, vitality, and confidence using plants as medicine
The Herbal Healer Bonus Collection
In addition to Holly’s transformative 7-part virtual course, you’ll receive these powerful bonus materials. These bonuses complement the course — and promise to take your understanding and practice to an even deeper level.
The Plant Medicine Wisdom Collection (Valued at $247.00) Full Package of Downloadable MP3s for All 2017 Sessions
Discover a unique synthesis of medicine, ecology and spirituality to help you access the wisdom of plants, to restore balance and cultivate deep personal and planetary healing with this comprehensive collection.
Leading botanical medicine experts, health practitioners and inspiring educators who have distilled decades of research for you during The Shift Network’s most popular summit (with more than 100,000 global participants!).
You’ll hear from Dr. Vasant Lad, Dr. Jill Stansbury, David Winston, Sara Crow, KP Khalsa, Acharya Shunya, Dr. Lakisha Jenkins and more, as they share alternative therapies that can be easily grown in your garden — or sourced locally — and gain access to trusted guides who can show you exactly how to use nature’s vast pharmacy wisely and effectively.
Herbal Action Webinars
Series of 3 Webinars From Holly Bellebuono
This series of instructional webinars is a fantastic resource for the herbal medicine student, healing arts practitioner, and gardener. Brimming with full-color gorgeous photos of plants from Holly’s teaching garden and from wild landscapes around the country, this original series teaches the basics of herbal actions, providing action definition, examples of the most popular or useful herbs that exhibit that action, herbs you may not have considered, tips for combining herbs and building effective formulas, a voice walk-through with Holly introducing scores of healing plants, and detailed instruction for using plant actions to increase your herbal understanding.
You’ll receive webinars on the following topics:
Guides for Herbal Medicine
Set of 4 Printable PDF Guides From Holly Bellebuono
As an added bonus, Holly will provide you with tip sheets on a variety of topics. These colorful tip sheets will provide you with simple, step-by-step actions to follow to create a variety of products in your herbal kitchen.
You’ll receive tip sheets from Holly on the following topics:
- Herbal Formulary
- Liquid Extracts
- Salve Making
- Tea Blending
Herbal First Aid
Article From Holly Bellebuono
This elegantly designed article, originally published in Taproot, “the magazine for makers, doers, and dreamers,” is being provided as a bonus because it’s super-relevant for your course. Since it’s inevitable that we sometimes get hurt while living our active lives, having some herbal first aid remedies available is a quick, reliable, and inexpensive way to treat minor wounds. With proper care, topical first aid using plants can be very effective. Learn some of Holly’s remedies, which are beautifully illustrated by photographs from Jessica Ojala.
In this article, Holly shares remedies for:
- Minor burns
- A fresh herb wound wrap
- Skin-healing beeswax ointment
- And more!
What People Are Saying About Holly Bellebuono...
“A deep and personal connection to the plants”
Holly is an inspiring and knowledgeable speaker who weaves her first hand experience of herbs with historical facts and fascinating stories. She touches not only the hearts of her students, but inspires in those who study with her a deep and personal connection to the plants.
— Rosemary Gladstar, Herbalist
“Holly can be counted upon to give a well-researched presentation...”
Holly Bellebuono is a welcome annual speaker. Weaving together her expertise in several fields, Holly can be counted upon to give a well-researched presentation on any number of fascinating topics and consistently draws engaged audiences to her workshops.
— Carol Bedrosian, Natural Living Expo
“Entertaining and enthralling...”
Holly is a gifted storyteller. The way she weaves a story and presents information so gracefully is entertaining and enthralling.
— History teacher
Holly’s lectures and lively presentation are not-to-be-missed, information-packed gems that inspire groups to more deeply explore...
— Soul Center
“My life will never be the same”
I found my spirituality by attending this program with Holly. My life will never be the same.
“Holly had our rapt attention from the first word”
Holly had our rapt attention from the first word. Holly is a most engaging speaker.
— M.V. Antiques Club
“Informative, well-organized, and fun”
Holly’s presentation was informative, well-organized, and fun. The feedback from attendees was overwhelming in their delight and appreciation of Holly.
— Marge Powell, The International Herb Association
“She sets an expectation and a standard and carrys us with her”
I love that she doesn’t dumb things down. She sets an expectation and a standard and carrys us with her.
“Her programs always sell out”
Holly is a great presenter and we have invited her back every year. Due to popular demand, her programs always sell out.
— Karin Stanley, Polly Hill Arboretum
“[Holly’s teaching] is rich and hands on...”
[Holly’s teaching] is rich and hands on and draws its value from Holly’s presence and strength. She is a gem of a teacher. Her quiet yet strong presence allows for the students and material to work together organically.
“It was the perfect introduction to the world of natural healing...”
Definitely worth my time and money!... It’s incredible how much you’ll learn in such a short amount of time. It was the perfect introduction to the world of natural healing and I will continue to be a student in this field the rest of my life.
— S.G., Denver, Colorado
Here’s What You’ll Receive
Seven 90-minute Recorded Class Sessions With Holly Bellebuono
Experience a rare opportunity to learn from renowned herbalist Holly Bellebuono — from the comfort of your own home. Each class session guides you to learn the specific skills and abilities to awaken your healing potential.
Seven PDF Transcripts of Class Sessions
In addition to the high-quality MP3 audios, you’ll also receive the entire class transcription in PDF format. You can then review, print, and highlight the most important insights and practices you were given.
Exercises and Questions for Each Lesson
After each lesson, you’ll have the option of completing related exercises, practicing new tools, and answering questions to accelerate your learning and integrate each lesson.
The Herbal Healer Bonus Collection
- The Plant Medicine Wisdom Collection
(Valued at $247.00) Full Package of Downloadable MP3s for All 2017 Sessions
- Herbal Action Webinars
Series of 3 Webinars From Holly Bellebuono
- Guides for Herbal Medicine
Set of 4 Printable PDF Guides From Holly Bellebuono
- Herbal First Aid
Article From Holly Bellebuono
An Unprecedented Opportunity to Join The Herbal Healer Virtual Training
We feel honored Holly Bellebuono has chosen to partner with The Shift Network to offer this exclusive online training. This is a rare opportunity to interact directly with a renowned herbalist, speaker, and author whose powerful insights and pioneering work are helping us heal and awaken ourselves and our world.
Through this powerful online format, you’ll not only save time and money on workshop costs (plus travel, accommodations, and meals — which would cost thousands of dollars), you’ll be able to benefit from Holly’s incredible teachings and exercises from the comfort of your home — and at your own pace!
If you’re serious about integrating herbs for health and healing into your life and the lives of others, then you owe it to yourself, your loved ones, and our world to take this one-of-a-kind training.
If you’re ready to take the next step in evolving yourself, click the register button below to reserve your space now.
About Holly Bellebuono
Holly Bellebuono, MPA, CH, CPC, is an American herbalist, speaker, author, and empowerment facilitator specializing in women’s health and visionary thinking. She is CEO of Bellebuono Holistic International, the operating entity for The Bellebuono School of Herbal Medicine, Vineyard Herbs, Teas & Apothecary, and her renowned publishing and speaking activities.
As an herbalist of several decades, Holly has authored numerous award-winning books on herbal medicine and empowerment. She is a sought-after speaker and teacher at conferences and universities, and she welcomes you to study and work with her from your own home, at her on-site training program on Martha’s Vineyard, and at her events across the U.S. and abroad.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What is your refund policy?
A: Your satisfaction with The Shift Network and this course is our highest priority! We offer a satisfaction guarantee for a full two weeks so that you can try out the course risk-free. The deadline to receive a refund is 2 weeks from your date of purchase. To request a refund, please click here to submit your Refund Application Form. Your refund will be processed within five business days and we will send you an email confirmation when your refund has been completed. However, we’d love to have a chance to address and resolve your concerns first. If there is something we can assist you with, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we’ll be happy to help!
Q: How can I reach Customer Support?
A: Please visit our Customer Support Center, where you should be able to find the answer to your question or the solution to a problem. And if you can’t, you can submit an online request form and we’ll get right back to you.